About the Position
Since 1980, Sun & Ski Sports has been an inspiring adventure. We are a specialty outdoor retailer inspiring you to let adventure into your life confidently through exceptional customer service, first-hand expertise, and competitively priced brands ready to perform for any journey to be where you live and play! Our trademark experience has placed us at the top of specialty outdoor retailers in America. Sun & Ski Sports has grown to include 30 stores in 14 states across the country, yet still manages to provide that small store feels with big store competitive pricing. We specialize in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles and year-round activities including ski, snowboard, bike, run, swim, and more.
Our Corporate eCommerce Department is currently searching for a Web Product Content Associate. This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic candidate, who is a problem solver, has initiative, and the ability to help drive internet sales and build a loyal customer following.
Here are a few necessities to join our team:
- Participate in and have general product knowledge in some of the following sports:
- Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Running, Water Skiing/Wakeboarding and/or Cycling.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate professionally via email, instant messenger, and phone.
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Able to work off of a large spreadsheet with information that is stored in several places (Dropbox, Google Docs, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with computer graphics and production skills (Photoshop).
- Must have superior attention to detail, as well as, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with little daily supervision.
- Some college coursework completed
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
Primary Job duties will include:
- Monitor incoming product Purchase Orders for new SKUs for the website.
- Communicate with vendors and merchandisers via email, phone, and in person.
- Gather vendor-provided product copy, specifications, photographs, and video.
- Produce unique copy for products to differentiate product listings from competitors.
- Enter product data into the Product Information Management tool.
- Assist in photography and copywriting for in-house brand products and special-make-up products.
- Categorize, optimize and assist in the merchandising of online products for maximum visibility.
- Partner with Digital Merchandisers, Buyers, Marketing, and Customer Service teams to ensure that product is set up accurately and maintained appropriately.
- Assist in determining product availability needs as well as sale and clearance strategies.
- Receive written/verbal instructions from product specialists, coordinators, and managers.
- Perform a combination of tasks to support E-commerce operations.
- Work is monitored and controlled (e.g., through spot checks, complete review, or subsequent processing) for both quantity and quality.
- Assist in identifying new opportunities for eCommerce.
- Other projects as assigned.
Work Shift Availability:
Up to 40 hours/week (typically Mon thru Fri 8 am - 6 pm, with some nights/weekends)
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen. Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance provided.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.