About the Position
Sun & Ski Sports is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer' active lifestyles. The company operates 30 stores across 12 states and offers an omnichannel experience with a best in class websitewww.sunandski.com. Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim, and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise, and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Sun & Ski Sports is looking for a Retail Computer Programmer. The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to be detail-oriented and timely on projects and tasks. This is an exciting opportunity for a growing retail company. If you are looking for a company that recognizes the human spirit and rewards a job well done, do not let this opportunity pass!
- Develop and write computer programs to perform specific tasks related to organizational needs and goals.
- Work closely with business partners to understand end goals and to collaborate on solutions that are effective both from code development as well as user experience.
- Work with Users to diagnose their needs, identify technical issues, and provide solutions that include documentation to support proposed coding changes that will meet their final expectations.
- Work with and utilize various project/task management and development applications, primarily; JIRA - Agile, Scrum, Kanban, as well as Lean, or Waterfall methods, as well as overall ALM.
- Will properly execute their own 'QA" testing to resolve bugs, identify inconsistencies in code, and ensure the validity of final code results
- Must adhere to set forth Company programming practices and guidelines to properly document code; both during initial development and with subsequent enhancements or changes.
**Note: Additional responsibilities may be added based on business needs.
- JAVA developers need to have experience with setting up IDEs to connect with SVN/GIT repositories.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify issues and execute solutions before they become major problems.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a team.
- Exemplify superior time management skills and capable of working productively with minimal supervision.
- Proactive in keeping programming skills up to date with the latest software innovations and being committed to continually build on existing knowledge base and skillsets.
- Is willing to assume additional responsibilities and perform ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Willingness to learn (or have prior knowledge) of IBM i Series (AS400) programming languages: RPG III, ILE RPG IV, Free-Form RPG IV, CLP, CLLE., FTP, IBM RDI
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Outlook, Access, and Excel (using Macros).
Other knowledge and prior work Experience (a Plus!):
- Prior experience in any other retail programming backgrounds (i.e., Oracle, SAP, JDA, etc.)
- Familiarity with Island Pacific Retail SmartSuite applications: (aka; IPMS, IPAS, IP WMS. IPSA, etc.)
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.