About the Position
Sun & Ski Sports is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles. The company operates 30 stores across 12 states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com. Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim, and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise, and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Sun & Ski Sports is looking for a website Front End Developer. The ideal candidate for this position will have an inept ability to work with the business counterparts to understand what development needs there are on the website, prototype, design, and understand how to leverage the different applications and platforms to achieve the collective goals. This role will also work closely with the Senior UX/UI Front End Developer to understand how to remove friction within the customer experience.
- Partnering with the digital merchandising team and other business partners to develop features that enhance the user experience as well as improved sales and conversion.
- Understand web design principles, and optimization levers to improve customer engagement with design.
- Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions, quality assurance testing, and bug fixes.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Ensure cross-platform compatibility of designs
**Note: Additional responsibilities may be added based on business needs.
- 1-2 years of web development and usability design experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree preferred (or equal relevant work experience)
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Work with API's a plus
- Excellent sense of design, typography, form, color, imagery, and composition, and graphics file creation optimized for mobile and web
- Acts as a strong advocate for the customer and works collaboratively across disciplines to drive the best customer experience solution
- Familiar with project management, documentation process, and applications (ie: JIRA, Agile, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities and/or projects. Proven ability to adapt and react quickly to changing business needs.
- Previous work with git and command-line tools.
- Experience with eCommerce applications preferred (e.g. Kibo, Websphere, Demandware, Google Analytics, Magento, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Weekend and holiday work occasionally required
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.