About the Position
Since 1980, Sun & Ski Sports has been an inspiring adventure. We are a specialty outdoor retailer inspiring you to let adventure into your life confidently through exceptional customer service, first-hand expertise, and competitively priced brands ready to perform for any journey to be where you live and play! Our trademark experience has placed us at the top of specialty outdoor retailers in America. Sun & Ski Sports has grown to include 30 stores in 14 states across the country, yet still manages to provide that small store feels with big store competitive pricing. We specialize in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles and year-round activities including ski, snowboard, bike, run, swim, and more.
The HRBP will partner directly with all levels of the organization to provide HR counsel and support. This is a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support. The role will be critical in executing initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach company-wide.
Areas of Responsibilities:
Talent Development & Staffing (approximately 50% of the time)
- Drive the delivery of existing development programs and create new solutions to close gaps and build bench strength.
- Partner with subject matter experts throughout the company for training.
- Facilitate Succession Planning process across retail store business.
- Coach and mentor at all levels.
- Conduct training presentations in-person and through an online training platform.
- Assess training needs or gaps and assist with development plans.
- Drive successful on-boarding and retention initiatives.
- Interpret various data, provide summary status updates, and present insights and recommendations for senior leadership.
- Manage recruitment processes, identify hiring needs, post and update all open positions on internal and external job boards.
HR Generalist (approximately 50% of the time)
- Review business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continual improvements
- Successfully monitor the "pulse" of our associates and teams.
- Partner with all levels of the organization.
- Serve as a strategic business partner on key organizational and management issues
- Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development, and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Handle and resolve complex associate relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Work closely with leaders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements.
- 2+ years of experience in an HR role with broad knowledge and experience in HR, including an understanding of employment law, strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of direct people management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the retail industry is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and verbal & written communication skills, including policy and creative writing.
- Strong customer relationship management experience in developing consultative relationships with all levels of leadership, including the ability to influence decision-makers to think strategically and critically.
- Desire to be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Possess a strong solutions focus and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to travel, as needed (less than 10% of the time)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce, Storeforce Scheduling, Island Pacific AS400 systems is a plus
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.