About the Position
Retail Concepts, Inc. is a leading, privately owned, specialty retailer which operates as Sun & Ski Sports. Our stores and website are intensely merchandised destinations for outdoor lifestyle and active customers. Sun & Ski is positioned to provide not only the equipment and accessories for enthusiast's activities, but also the lifestyle apparel and footwear desired by outdoor, active, and contemporary customers. The company operates 31 stores across 12 states, sells on-line through sunandski.com and is headquartered at 10225 Mula Rd Ste 120, Stafford, TX 77477.
Sun & Ski Sports is looking for an Electronic Data Interchange Coordinator. The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and timely on projects and tasks. This is an exciting opportunity for a growing retail company. If you are looking for a company that recognizes the human spirit and rewards a job well done, do not let this opportunity pass!
- Initiating, monitoring, and maintaining EDI sign up and connection with vendors
- Identifying, correcting, researching, and answering questions regarding EDI
- Monitoring, working with and training stores, on receiving goods, via EDI
- Training teams on EDI life cycle and how to maintain
- Identifying faster, more efficient ways to correct EDI issues in coordination with a project manager
- Main point of contact, for vendors, regarding EDI
- Ability to relate to various users on multiple teams to cultivate change through EDI/Logistics
- Monitor and facilitate the flow of EDI orders from accounts.
- Build new reports, refine, and automate existing reports
- Partner with new/existing vendors to ensure EDI processes are followed and compliant with our internal guidelines.
- Coordinates and administers EDI process.
- Implement new receipt flow processes to positively impact current procedures
- Oversee ASN/Trouble reports to ensure all issues are resolved in timely manner
- Liaison between the Distribution Center and Buyers to evaluate new opportunities for cost control and process improvement.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all merchandise vendors
- Other special projects (as assigned)
**Note: Additional responsibilities may be added based on business needs.
- Self-motivated, extremely organized, and capable of managing own timelines.
- Capable of working in a demanding, fast paced environment and assess situations quickly for resolution; or provide alternate solutions if needed.
- Strong problem diagnosis and resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both written and oral, including both internal and external personnel
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of retail processes, life cycles and systems.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Outlook, Access, and Excel (using Macros).
Other knowledge and prior work Experience (a Plus!):
- Experience with AS400 and Island Pacific a plus.
- EDI experience is a plus
- 3+ years of retail / logistics
$18 - $22
Pay based on experience and interview process
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.