About the Position
Since 1980, Sun & Ski Sports has been an inspiring adventure. We are a specialty outdoor retailer inspiring you to let adventure into your life confidently through exceptional customer service, first-hand expertise, and competitively priced brands ready to perform for any journey to be where you live and play! Our trademark experience has placed us at the top of specialty outdoor retailers in America. Sun & Ski Sports has grown to include 30 stores in 14 states across the country, yet still manages to provide that small store feels with big store competitive pricing. We specialize in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles and year-round activities including ski, snowboard, bike, run, swim, and more.
Our Sun & Ski warehouse is seeking a Bike Builder-Mechanic-Tech who will split their time working as a warehouse associate. If you love bike gear, we are the place for you!!!
- Perform assembly and adjustment in an accurate and timely manner, while maintaining the integrity of the bike.
- Complete paperwork and logs correctly and completely.
- Report any discrepancies and follow the process to correct quickly and accurately
- Professional communication with Supervisor(s):
- Communicate any manufacturers' defect, damage or missing parts prior to bike build.
- Communicate any unusual problems that may need further assistance in order to complete the bike build in a timely manner and with high standards.
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding lifting and use of tools and equipment.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Notify Management of any suspicious people or situations
- Loss Prevention to minimize inventory losses
- Support the DC leadership with daily operations
- Process from the dock to shipping all merchandise coming into the building from vendors accurately and promptly
- Check, verify and audit merchandise to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received; to ensure that merchandise is not damaged, defective or short
- Can resolve problems, research discrepancies and report out to the supervisor
- Identify, separate, label, and palletize merchandise to enable merchandise to be relocated to appropriate areas in the Distribution Center
- Record receiving, packing and shipping data using a handheld device
- Prepare merchandise for shipment; stack cartons from conveyor belt to pallets
- Utilize manual pallet jack to move pallets into proper staging areas
- This position will comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Receiving: Use of a pallet Jack, lifting heavy boxes, unloading Truckloads, Containers, LTL and Small Parcel shipments.
- Flatline: Opening cartons, pricing, use of an RF Gun, Tablet, placing sensors on merchandise and the ability to count.
- Picking: Ability to use an RF Gun, Read, count lift boxes and work upstairs on our mezzanine.
- Shipping: Loading of trucks, lifting and stacking boxes and ability to shrink wrap the pallets.
**Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Must have physical capabilities to work in a warehouse
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of all bike-building standards for various models.
- Preferred: Bike industry, retail and/or Customer Service experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- 1-2 years of experience in Distribution Operations/Warehouse preferred
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld devices (RF) preferred
- Experience in fast-paced, high volume retail Distribution Center environment preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedure, and process manuals
- English or Bilingual preferred
- Able to move up to 50lbs unassisted or team lift.
- Able to work in a non-climate control environment
- Ability to stand, walk, pull, push, stoop, and/or crawl the entire shift
**The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
$12 - $14
$12-$14.00 hourly based on experience
Available to Full-Time Employees Only
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.