About the Position
Since 1980, Sun & Ski Sports has been an inspiring adventure. We are a specialty outdoor retailer inspiring you to let adventure into your life confidently through exceptional customer service, first-hand expertise, and competitively priced brands ready to perform for any journey to be where you live and play! Our trademark experience has placed us at the top of specialty outdoor retailers in America. Sun & Ski Sports has grown to include 30 stores in 14 states across the country, yet still manages to provide that small store feels with big store competitive pricing. We specialize in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles and year-round activities including ski, snowboard, bike, run, swim, and more.
Our Corporate office is currently searching for an Accounts Payable Clerk (expense payables) to add to our growing Accounting Department. This position offers a positive work environment that is fast-paced and high-energy.
- Data entry in a menu driven A/P System (AS400/Island Pacific)
- Reviewing, preparing, and entering invoices for payment
- Strong attention to detail. Able to identify discrepancies
- Review and Process Expense/Accounts Payables
- Process Employee Expense Reports
- Process Contract Labor requests
- Maintaining payment supporting documents and filing
- Preparation and distribution of checks/MC payments
- Extensive communication with Vendors, Buyers and Distribution
- File all weekly check remittances for the AP department
- Maintaining vendor files
- Must maintain a positive, outgoing and upbeat personality
- Must be willing and able to work with a wide range of personalities & work styles
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Accounts Payable experience, a PLUS
- Strong, general computer skills, with basic knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Strong math aptitude and the ability to 10-key by touch
- 2+ years accounts payable experience is a plus
- Retail Math
Employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.