About the Position
Since 1980, Sun & Ski Sports has been an inspiring adventure. We are a specialty outdoor retailer inspiring you to let adventure into your life confidently through exceptional customer service, first-hand expertise, and competitively priced brands ready to perform for any journey to be where you live and play! Our trademark experience has placed us at the top of specialty outdoor retailers in America. Sun & Ski Sports has grown to include 30 stores in 14 states across the country, yet still manages to provide that small store feels with big store competitive pricing. We specialize in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles and year-round activities including ski, snowboard, bike, run, swim, and more.
Come join our Sun & Ski family in the Mountains! We are looking for an enthusiastic , achievement motivated, Apparel and Footwear coordinator who has a passion for the outdoors. This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic leader who is passionate about what they do, and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere.
- This is a supervisory role which includes opening and closing the store.
- Responsible for ensuring that your team delivers exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and above and beyond the Customers expectation.
- Provide the highest quality bike service and in a timely manner
- Train & develop store team on selling strategies and continuous improvement.
- Develop creative plans and strategies to increase store sales through business analysis, action planning and consistent accountability
- Maintain department visual presentation that is consistent with company standards and creates an inspiring shopping experience
- Identify problems and opportunities and present viable solutions.
- Ensure employees follow company policies and procedures
- Attend Apparel &Footwear Clinics in store and out of store to help enhance product knowledge.
- Promote Sun & Ski within local community
- Assist with various Apparel & Footwear Events.
- Increase store sales through product knowledge communication and enthusiasm
- Lead, attend and assist with various events, including product knowledge clinics.
- Maintain communication with Store Manager (SM), District Manager (DM) and Home Office team to stay abreast of company initiatives
- Loss Prevention minimize inventory loss (internal, external and paper) and maintain accurate cash control
Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- 1+ years management experience; Ability to manage, motivate and develop
- 2+ years retail and or Ski/Bike Shop experience; Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- Talent in networking, recruiting, interviewing, training and developing others
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Vendors, Buyers, Store Team and Upper Management.
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi task
- Analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, attention to detail a must.
- Outdoor Enthusiast: Passion for cycling activities, as well as, ski/snowboard, water sports, surf/swim, skate/skateboard and more!
- Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.