About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Our store is currently searching for a driven Assistant Store Manager with a passion for outdoor sports, as well as, leading a dynamic store team. This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic individual.
- Responsible for ensuring that your store team delivers exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and above and beyond the Customer's expectation.
- Provide the highest quality ski & bike services and in a timely manner
- Train & develop store team on selling strategies and continuous improvement.
- Develop creative plans and strategies to increase store sales through business analysis, action planning and consistent accountability
- Identify problems and opportunities and present viable solutions.
- Maintain store visual presentation that is consistent with company standards and creates an inspiring shopping experience
- Ensure store team follows company policies and procedures
- Attend Clinics in store and out of store to help enhance product knowledge.
- Promote Sun & Ski within local community
- Lead and participate with various Events.
- Manage store expenses and payroll; prioritize, plan, delegate, administrate and adapt to business needs
- Maintain communication with Store Manager (SM), District Manager (DM) and Home Office team to stay abreast of company initiatives
- Loss Prevention minimize inventory loss (internal, external and paper) and maintain accurate cash control
- Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Outdoor Enthusiast: Passion for cycling activities, as well as, ski/snowboard, water sports, surf/swim, skate/skateboard and more!
- 2+ years management experience
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and develop a team, as well as, increase sales and store profitability
- 2+ years retail and or Snow/Water/Bike Sports experience; Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Vendors, Buyers, Store Team and Upper Management.
- Talent in networking, recruiting, interviewing, training and developing others
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi task
- Analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, attention to detail a must.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.