About the Position
Since 1980, Sun & Ski Sports has been an inspiring adventure. We are a specialty outdoor retailer inspiring you to let adventure into your life confidently through exceptional customer service, first-hand expertise, and competitively priced brands ready to perform for any journey to be where you live and play! Our trademark experience has placed us at the top of specialty outdoor retailers in America. Sun & Ski Sports has grown to include 31 stores in 12 states across the country, yet still manages to provide that small store feels with big store competitive pricing. We specialize in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles and year-round activities including ski, snowboard, bike, run, swim, and more.
Our store is currently searching for a driven Assistant Store Manager with a passion for outdoor sports, as well as, leading a dynamic store team. This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic individual.
- Responsible for ensuring that your store team delivers exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and above and beyond the Customer's expectation.
- Provide the highest quality ski & bike services and in a timely manner
- Train & develop store team on selling strategies and continuous improvement.
- Develop creative plans and strategies to increase store sales through business analysis, action planning, and consistent accountability
- Identify problems and opportunities and present viable solutions.
- Maintain store visual presentation that is consistent with company standards and creates an inspiring shopping experience
- Ensure store team follows company policies and procedures
- Attend Clinics in-store and out of the store to help enhance product knowledge.
- Promote Sun & Ski within the local community
- Lead and participate in various events.
- Manage store expenses and payroll; prioritize, plan, delegate, administrate and adapt to business needs
- Maintain communication with Store Manager (SM), District Manager (DM) and Home Office team to stay abreast of company initiatives
- Loss Prevention minimize inventory loss (internal, external and paper) and maintain accurate cash control
- Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Outdoor Enthusiast: Passion for cycling activities, as well as, ski/snowboard, water sports, surf/swim, skate/skateboard and more!
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and develop a team, as well as, increase sales and store profitability
- 2+ years retail and or Snow/Water/Bike Sports experience; Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Vendors, Buyers, Store Team and Upper Management.
- Talent in networking, recruiting, interviewing, training and developing others
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as, attention to detail a must.
Available to Full-Time Employees Only
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.