Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com. Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim, and surf, while select Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Come join our Sun & Ski family in the Mountains! We are looking for an enthusiastic, achievement motivated, ski and bike technician who has a passion for the outdoors. This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic leader who is passionate about what they do and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere. This person should have a solid technical understanding of the gear (skis, boots, bindings, bikes, and accessories).
- Perform quality tunes, mounting, adjustments and repairs to customers' equipment according to established guidelines.
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment.
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner.
- Ensure pricing is accurate, including any current advertised items and specials.
- Serve as knowledgeable resource to customers.
- Be familiar with the merchandise carried in the store, including brands, key features and benefits, as well as, ability to make accurate suggestions to customers.
- Remain current on ski industry products and trends to share knowledge with customers.
- Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Attend product knowledge clinics/camps
- Assist with visual presentation of merchandise and the store.
- Ensure that you are aware of current advertised items and specials
Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- This person should have a solid technical understanding of the gear (skis, boots, bindings, bikes, and accessories).
- Experience selling skis, fitting ski boots, and custom boot work (preferred)
- Experience selling bikes, fitting bikes, and bike technical work
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong selling and customer service skills
- Preferred: Sales experience
- Preferred: Outdoor Enthusiast
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
**HOLIDAY SIGN ON BONUS**
- 10/18/21 through 12/18/21
- $100 Sun and Ski Gift Card after 1 month of employment
- $100 added to paycheck after 3 months of employment
*Must be employed at time of payout
*Must work 8 hours per week to be eligible
*First date of employment must be within Peak Season hiring period 10/18/21-12/18/21
$13 - $18
This position includes an hourly based rate + commission and SPIFFS, but is guaranteed no less than $18.00 per hour.
* Benefits available to all employees.