About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Our Sun & Ski store is seeking a driven Snow Ski Shop employee. We are looking for candidates that have the passion and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere! This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic individual.
- Greet and assist customers with enthusiasm and a genuine smile.
- Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Determine customers' equipment needs.
- Perform quality tunes, mounting, adjustments and repairs to customers' equipment according to established guidelines.
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment.
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner.
- Ensure pricing is accurate, including any current advertised items and specials
- Serve as knowledgeable resource to customers.
- Be familiar with the merchandise carried in the store, including brands, key features and benefits, as well as, ability to make accurate suggestions to customers.
- Remain current on ski industry products and trends to share knowledge with customers.
- Attend product knowledge clinics/camps.
- Notify Management of any suspicious people or situations
- Loss Prevention maintain accurate cash control and minimize inventory losses
- Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Ski and/or snowboard tuning experience
- Preferred: 1 year service technician experience
- Preferred: Retail and Customer Service experience
- Strong selling and customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills, with ability to learn the register
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.