About the Position
If you are into our sports, have high energy and a passion for sharing that love of the sport, Sun & Ski could be the perfect fit for you. We are currently searching for a Web Product Content Associate to work in our Ecommerce department. This position will require uploading of product descriptions, details, and media for products. If you're a problem solver and you've got the initiative to help drive internet sales, we're ready for you. Sun & Ski specializes in making adventurous outdoor dreams come true by outfitting customers with quality merchandise, delivering exceptional service and outstanding values. With 30 retail stores, Sun & Ski is one of the top specialty sporting goods merchants in the country for skiing, snowboarding, cycling and running.
Here are a few necessities to join our team:
- Participate in and have general product knowledge in some of the following sports:
- Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Running, Water Skiing/Wakeboarding and/or Cycling.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate professionally via email, instant messenger, and phone.
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Able to work off of a large spreadsheet with information that is stored in several places (Dropbox, Google Docs, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with computer graphics and production skills (Photoshop).
- Must have superior attention to detail, as well as, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with little daily supervision.
- Some college coursework completed
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi task
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
Primary Job duties will include:
- Monitor incoming product Purchase Orders for new SKUs for the website.
- Communicate with vendors and merchandisers via email, phone, and in person.
- Gather vendor-provided product copy, specifications, photographs, and video.
- Produce unique copy for products to differentiate product listings from competitors.
- Enter product data into the Product Information Management tool.
- Assist in photography and copywriting for in-house brand products and special-make-up products.
- Categorize, optimize and assist in the merchandising of online products for maximum visibility.
- Partner with Digital Merchandisers, Buyers, Marketing, and Customer Service teams to ensure that product is set up accurately and maintained appropriately.
- Assist in determining product availability needs as well as sale and clearance strategies.
- Receive written/verbal instructions from product specialists, coordinators, and managers.
- Perform a combination of tasks to support E-commerce operations.
- Work is monitored and controlled (e.g., through spot checks, complete review, or subsequent processing) for both quantity and quality.
- Assist in identifying new opportunities for eCommerce.
- Other projects as assigned.
Work Shift Availability:
Up to 40 hours/week (typically Mon thru Fri 8am - 6pm, with some nights/weekends)
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen. Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance provided.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.