About the Position
Sun & Ski specializes in making adventurous outdoor dreams come true by outfitting customers with quality merchandise, delivering exceptional service and outstanding values. With 30 retail stores, Sun & Ski is one of the top specialty sporting goods merchants in the country for skiing, snowboarding, cycling and running.
If you are into our sports, have high energy and a passion for sharing that love of the sport, Sun & Ski could be the perfect fit for you. We are currently searching for an Operations Specialist to work in our Ecommerce department. This position will require performance of clerical and accounting related tasks. Customer orders are reviewed and monitored, issues are corrected and documented, audits and reports are compiled and distributed. If you're a problem solver and you've got the initiative to help drive internet sales, we're ready for you.
- Perform a combination of tasks to support E-commerce operations.
- Maintain a high attention to detail in all operation tasks as documented.
- Maintain an efficient and timely schedule for processing outbound and inbound shipments.
- Maintain and reduce exposure to the risk of loss due to fraud and error online.
- Conducts and documents risk reviews for escalated orders placed on sunandski.com.
- Engage in frequent written and verbal communication with managers, coordinators, associates, and third-parties to accomplish goals.
- Develop and improve communication channels. Seek to reduce response time.
- Review the website, product content, and operational procedures for accuracy and functionality.
- Maintain fulfillment standards and reporting.
- Maintain a consistently high level of customer service to retain and satisfy customers.
- Communicate customer requests and team suggestions to committee for site improvements.
- Maintain a proactive service approach to customer acquisition and retention.
- Work is monitored and controlled (e.g., through spot checks, complete review, or subsequent processing) for both quantity and quality.
- Assist in identifying new opportunities for eCommerce. Recognize and communicate growth needs.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate professionally via email, instant messenger, and phone.
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Able to work off of a large spreadsheet with information that is stored in several places (Dropbox, Google Docs, Excel, etc.)
- Must have superior attention to detail, as well as, analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with little daily supervision.
- Some college coursework completed
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi task
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Participate in and have general product knowledge in some of the following sports:
- Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Running, Water Skiing/Wakeboarding and/or Cycling.
Work Shift Availability:Â Up to 40 hours/week (typically Mon thru Fri 8am - 6pm, with some nights/weekends)
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen. Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance provided.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.