About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim, and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise, and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Our Corporate E-Commerce Department is currently searching for a Full-Time Customer Service Representative. This is an entry-level opportunity for a dynamic candidate who is a problem solver, as well as, the ability and initiative to help drive internet sales and build a loyal customer following.
- Receive written/verbal orders for merchandise from customers or salespeople.
- Perform a combination of clerical tasks to support E-commerce operations.
- Perform simple and routine accounting clerical operations.
- Work is monitored and controlled (e.g., through spot checks, complete review, or subsequent processing) for both quantity and quality.
- Work Shift Availability: Must be willing and able to work retail, rotating schedule:
- Available 7-days /week (will actually work 5 days/week)
- Mon-Thursday: 8am -9pm availability
- Friday: 8am-6pm availability
- Saturday/Sunday: 10am-6pm availability
- Participate in and have general product knowledge in some of the following sports: Running, Cycling, Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, or Paddle Sports.
- Must have basic knowledge of routine clerical methods and office practices and procedures as they relate to the clerical processing and recording of transactions and accounting information.
- Must have experience with shopping and making purchases online.
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Plays well with others, but takes the work seriously.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with little daily supervision.
- Some college coursework completed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as, attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen. Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance provided.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.