About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise, and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
We are having a Fire sale at the Grapevine Mills Mall location. Our Sun & Ski shop is seeking a driven part-time associate for the next 4-8 weeks. This is a temporary job for any applicant looking to sell fun! The ideal candidates will have the passion and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere! Customer Service is our mission. Here you'll help cultivate an environment that is exciting, interactive, and fun for both customers and employees!
- Greet and assist customers with enthusiasm and a genuine smile.
- Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Remain familiar with the merchandise carried in the store to answer basic customer questions.
- Know the location of all merchandise in the store so that you can promptly and correctly direct them to the area of the store with the items they are seeking
- Assist with visual presentation of merchandise
- Ensure that you are aware of current advertised items and specials
- Perform all cash register/point-of-sale functions accurately and efficiently, such as sales, returns, exchanges, credit card sales, lay-a-ways, special orders, transfer in/out, etc.
- Process all forms of payment according to policy.
- Open and close the cash register daily without the need for supervision
- Maintain an organized, clean and well-stocked Front Desk/Cash Wrap area
- Answer the telephone politely and enthusiastically; then direct the call to the appropriate department or employee.
- Be readily able to give clear and concise directions to the store to calling customers.
- Notify Management of any suspicious people or situations
- Loss Prevention maintain accurate cash control and minimize inventory losses
Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Preferred: Outdoor Enthusiast
- Preferred: Cashier experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong basic math skills, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.