About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
We are looking for candidates that have the passion and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere! Here you'll lead a team whose central focus is revolutionizing the entire customer experience! In addition to developing this winning team you will also streamline processes and cultivate an environment that is exciting, interactive and fun for both customers and employees! These are an amazing opportunities for dynamic individuals.
- This is a supervisory role which includes opening and closing the store.
- Ensure your team delivers exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Train & develop store team on selling strategies and continuous improvement.
- Increase store sales through product knowledge communication and enthusiasm
- Develop creative plans and strategies to increase store sales through business analysis, action planning and consistent accountability
- Identify problems and opportunities and present viable solutions.
- Maintain store visual presentation that is consistent with company standards and creates an inspiring shopping experience
- Ensure Employees follow company policies and procedures
- Lead, attend and assist with various events, including product knowledge clinics.
- Promote Sun & Ski within local community
- Maintain communication with General Manager, District Manager and Home Office team
- Manage store expenses and payroll; prioritize, plan, delegate and adapt to business needs
- Loss Prevention minimize inventory loss and maintain accurate cash control
- Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Preferred: Snow Enthusiast
- 1+ years management experience; Ability to manage, motivate and develop
- 2+ years retail and/or experience with Snow Sports or Upscale patio furniture
- Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- Talent in networking, recruiting, interviewing, training and developing others
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Vendors, Buyers, Store Team and Upper Management.
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi task
- Analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, attention to detail a must.
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.