About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com. Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim, and surf, while select Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise, and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, achievement motivated, ski, and bike technician who has a passion for the outdoors.Â This person should have a solid technical understanding of the gear (skis, boots, bindings, bikes, and accessories).Â This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic leader who is passionate about what they do, and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere.
- Determine customers' equipment needs.
- Perform quality tunes, mounting, adjustments, and repairs to customers' equipment according to established guidelines.
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding the use of tools and equipment.
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner.
- Ensure pricing is accurate, including any current advertised items and specials.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers.
- Be familiar with the merchandise carried in the store, including brands, key features, and benefits, as well as, ability to make accurate suggestions to customers.
- Remain current on ski industry products and trends to share knowledge with customers.
- Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Attend product knowledge clinics/camps
- Assist with visual presentation of merchandise and the store.
- Ensure that you are aware of current advertised items and specials
Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- This person should have a solid technical understanding of the gear (skis, boots, bindings, bikes, and accessories).
- Experience selling skis, fitting ski boots, and custom boot work (preferred)
- Experience selling bikes, fitting bikes, and bike technical work
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong selling and customer service skills
- Preferred: Sales experience
- Preferred: Outdoor Enthusiast
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.