About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers active lifestyles. The company operates 32 stores across 13 states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Our Sun & Ski store is seeking a driven Snow/Bike Shop Lead. We are looking for candidates that have the passion and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere!
- Perform quality tunes, mounting, adjustments and repairs to customers' equipment according to established guidelines.
- Provide the highest quality ski/bike service and in a timely manner
- Greet and assist customers with enthusiasm and a genuine smile.
- Determine customers' equipment needs.
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment.
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner.
- Serve as knowledgeable resource to customers.
- Be familiar with the merchandise carried in the store, including brands, key features and benefits, as well as, ability to make accurate suggestions to customers.
- Remain current on ski/bike industry products and trends to share knowledge with customers.
- Strong selling and customer service skills
- Basic computer skills, with ability to learn
- Complete all required paperwork and logs correctly and completely
- Document any observed deficiencies on ski/bikes repaired that was not listed on shop ticket
- Sell additional merchandise, accessories and repair work to customers
- Attend product knowledge clinics/camps in store and out of store to help enhance --Assist with various Bike/Cycling Events.
- Promote Sun & Ski within local snow/cycling community
- Train & develop bike shop associates and evaluate them for continuous improvement.
Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Retail and Customer Service experience
- + years management experience; Ability to manage, motivate and develop
- 2+ years retail and or Bike Shop experience; Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- 1 year service technician experience
- Talent in networking, recruiting, interviewing, training and developing others
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Vendors, Buyers, Store Team and Upper Management.
- Outdoor Enthusiast: Passion for cycling activities, as well as, ski/snowboard, water sports, surf/swim, skate/skateboard and more!
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.