About the Position
Since 1980, Sun & Ski Sports has been an inspiring adventure. We are a specialty outdoor retailer inspiring you to let adventure into your life confidently through exceptional customer service, first-hand expertise, and competitively priced brands ready to perform for any journey to be where you live and play! Our trademark experience has placed us at the top of specialty outdoor retailers in America. Sun & Ski Sports has grown to include 30 stores in 14 states across the country, yet still manages to provide that small store feels with big store competitive pricing. We specialize in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles and year-round activities including ski, snowboard, bike, run, swim, and more.
Our Sun & Ski store is seeking a driven Bike Shop Lead. We are looking for candidates that have the passion and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere! Here you'll lead a team whose central focus is revolutionizing the entire customer experience! In addition to managing and developing this winning team you will also streamline processes and cultivate an environment that is exciting, interactive and fun for both customers and employees!
- Responsible for ensuring that your team delivers exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and above and beyond the Customer expectation.
- Provide the highest quality bike service and in a timely manner
- Complete all required paperwork and logs correctly and completely
- Document any observed deficiencies on bikes repaired that was not listed on shop ticket
- Sell additional merchandise, accessories and repair work to customers
- Train & develop bike shop associates and evaluate them for continuous improvement.
- Identify problems and opportunities and present viable solutions.
- Ensure Bike Shop Employees follow company policies and procedures
- Attend Bike Clinics in store and out of store to help enhance product knowledge.
- Promote Sun & Ski within local cycling community
- Assist with various Bike/Cycling Events.
- Maintain communication with Store Manager (SM), District Manager (DM) and Home Office team to stay abreast of company initiatives
- Loss Prevention minimize inventory loss (internal, external and paper) and maintain accurate cash control
- Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
All current available sales commission
5% of all bike labor that the store does. This is paid bi-weekly and is paid on labor that has been paid for thru the registers and not work accomplished in those two weeks.
- 1+ years management experience; Ability to manage, motivate and develop
- 2+ years retail and or Bike Shop experience; Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- Talent in networking, recruiting, interviewing, training and developing others
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Vendors, Buyers, Store Team and Upper Management.
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi task
- Analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, attention to detail a must.
- Outdoor Enthusiast: Passion for cycling activities, as well as, ski/snowboard, water sports, surf/swim, skate/skateboard and more!
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.