About the Position
Since 1980, Sun & Ski Sports has been an inspiring adventure. We are a specialty outdoor retailer inspiring you to let adventure into your life confidently through exceptional customer service, first-hand expertise, and competitively priced brands ready to perform for any journey to be where you live and play! Our trademark experience has placed us at the top of specialty outdoor retailers in America. Sun & Ski Sports has grown to include 30 stores in 14 states across the country, yet still manages to provide that small store feels with big store competitive pricing. We specialize in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customer's active lifestyles and year-round activities including ski, snowboard, bike, run, swim, and more.
Our Sun & Ski store is seeking a driven Part Time Cashier. We are looking for candidates that have the passion and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere! Here you'll help cultivate an environment that is exciting, interactive and fun for both customers and employees! These are an amazing opportunities for dynamic individuals.
- Create a great first impression of our store to all customers by greeting them with enthusiasm and a genuine smile as they enter our store.
- Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Know the location of all merchandise in the store so that you can promptly and correctly direct them to the area of the store with the items they are seeking.
- Remain familiar with the merchandise carried in the store in order to answer basic customer questions.
- Know each store employee's areas of expertise to assist customers.
- Be prepared to assist on the sales floor and other areas of the store, as business needs dictate.
- Ensure that you are aware of current advertised items and specials.
- Perform all cash register/point-of-sale functions accurately and efficiently, such as: sales, returns, exchanges, credit card sales, layaways, special orders, transfer in/out, etc.
- Process all forms of payment according to policy.
- Open and close the cash register daily without need for supervision.
- Maintain an organized, clean and well stock Front Desk/Cash Wrap area.
- Answer the telephone in a polite and enthusiastic manner; then direct the call to the appropriate department or employee.
- Be readily able to give clear and concise directions to the store to calling customers.
- Notify management of any suspicious people or situations.
- Loss Prevention, maintain accurate cash control and minimize inventory losses.
Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Preferred: Outdoor Enthusiast
- Preferred: Cashier experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and commnication skills
- Strong basic math skills, with attention to detail and ability to multitask
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
$15 - $18
Pay based on experience.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.