About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 32 stores across 13 states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com. Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run and swim, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise, and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Our Sun & Ski store is seeking a driven Store Operations Coordinator. We're looking for a motivated and highly organized professional with retail cashier experience and an excellent head for numbers. An ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, keep up in a fast-paced environment, and knows how to work hard, and play hard!
- Responsible for ALL non-sales functions; including front-end and back-end operations of the store. Including monitoring the work of cashiers daily
- Ensure a consistent, quality store experience for customers. By ensuring that each customer's transactions are processed accurately and, in time, efficient manner.
- Leads store operations in the absence of store managers
- Manage bank deposit activities and make sure that cash is counted accurately. This includes reconciling cash with receipts at the end of each shift and makes sure that any discrepancies are managed immediately
- Identify and correct cash register errors and take measures to ensure that further errors do not happen
- Manage the eCommerce fulfillment process
- Transfers Process. This includes the receiving and distribution process of inventory in and out of the store and maintains the reporting (Distro Status Report).
- Manage Markdowns process
- Freight Receiving Process. This includes the operational paperwork, Drop Shipments, and Sensor Tag Placement
- Manage the mark-out-of- stock, warranty claims, and the return-to-vendor processing
- General in-store facilities housekeeping and maintenance. Ensuring the cash registers and surrounding areas are to visual standards.
- Back Areas Organization
- Maintain the in-store training process
- Email Capture
- Monitor Weekly Compliance Report
- Manage of the tech shop areas of the store relative to forms and paperwork.
- Completing store supply orders
- Train & develop associates on operational functions; evaluate and develop them
- Aid with year-end inventory preparation
- 1+ years of management experience.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop
- 2+ years of retail experience; Knowledge of business operations & shrink reduction
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with vendors, Buyers, Store Team and Upper Management.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as, attention to detail a must.
- Must have organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Outdoor Enthusiast: Passion for activities such as ski/snowboard, cycling, water sports, surf/swim, skate/skateboard and more!
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.